Friday, January 25, 2019

This week we continued working on our projects. I sewed the sleeves to my
top which looks really good now. I had some struggles trying to get the elastic
through the top and while doing that some of my stitches ripped so i had to stitch
that again. It's been great watching everyone work on their projects especially
Harrison because our projects our similar but different at the same time.


I started sewing the bottom part of the romper. The first step was sewing the sides
together and then i had to sew the middle part. When i finished it didn't look like
pants which got me very confused but after a while i figured out how it's supposed
to look. It looks so good so far and i can't wait to finish working on it and see the final
result. -Lara



This week was really fun, we did more of out project. We finally knew how to put our sleeves on our shirt by itself, although it was kind of hard. But what we had to do first was we had to sew the shirt together, so what we did was we sewed the edges of the shirt and left the arm sleeves open so that we could sew our sleeves on next. After we had did all of that, we saw it and the shirt looked so big.

What I am on now is putting the elastic on my shirt, so that it could make ruffles. But it is taking me forever to do this, and it is kind of hard getting the elastic in there. But in the outcome I think that it will be worth it. I have been on it for 3 days, but I think that it will turn out cute. I can't wait to see how it turns out. -Iyanna 

Friday, January 18, 2019

Sew Cool In School project

About a week ago we started our “sewcoolinschool” projects and I’m working on making a romper. The first thing I did was buy my fabric and the fabric I picked is a light blue gingham pattern. I really like the fabric and was so excited to start it.
woman standing in front of displayed yarn rolls

We started off with pinning our patterns to the fabric and cutting them. The cutting was the hardest part because the fabric kept moving and it was hard to try to cut it perfect. The first thing I started sewing were the sleeves. The sleeves of my romper are supposed to have ruffles on them which was a little hard to manage to make the ruffles and try to size it to the arm holes at the same time. I just finished working on the arms and the next part for me is the top part of the romper. - Lara

Last week we had started our “schooliscool” project, and I have decided to make a romper, I had just thought it would be fun to make. This first step that I did was I had picked my fabric the pattern is a flower pattern, with a lot of different colors. I really thought that this would be a good pattern to make my romper because I love flowers. I can’t wait to see how it turns out.

We started off by pinning our fabric to our patterns and had to make the triangles that were on the pattern sheet. The next step we had to do was cut our fabric out just like the pattern, although it was somewhat hard. The next step in our process is that we had started sewing, we had started sewing the arms and the ruffles that go with the arms, we had a hard time but we ended up figuring it out. - Iyanna