Friday, February 15, 2019

After finishing my project I decided to sew some scrunchies. This week I sewed 6
scrunchies with all different fabrics which I absolutely love. My teacher found a new
embroidery machine which I decided to try out. It was so cool because you don't
have to do anything except for selecting the design you want. I embroidered my
initials on a piece of fabric. -Lara

a scrunchy i made this week

So after I had finished my project on the romper,  I had started to make scrunchies
for the first time. I had made 7 scrunchies, and they were all different fabrics, this was
a small little fun project to do. My friend Lara had taught me how to make them, and
I just find them really fun to make. First I get the fabric, then I sewed the two ends
together, and then I had sewed both of the other ends, and I had put elastic and sewed it
together, and it turned out really good. -Iyanna


Friday, February 8, 2019

The Finishing Touches

This week I finished my sew cool in school project. It was so cool getting to see my romper
coming together. When I first started I thought it was going to look so bad because all I saw
was random pieces of fabric that I had to sew together. I love the finished product and I'm
so excited to start wearing it. For next week with the extra fabric that I have im going to try
to make a couple of scrunchies that would match my romper. - Lara




This project has been really fun to make, the finished product turned out great. The last
thing I had to do this week was attach the shirt and the bottoms together, and I had to
put elastic on the hip. I thought that this finished product was going to turn out really
horrible because this was my first time actually making a outfit piece. I am so glad I
got this over with because doing the elastic was the hardest part, I would always
get mad. But I made it through this project and I am so glad, I am actually surprised
that I made an actual outfit. ~Iyanna

Friday, February 1, 2019

It's been great seeing my romper come together after a lot of hard work and seam ripping. This week I worked on finishing my pants. I had some trouble with the sizing because they were really big so i had to resew the bottom to make it a little smaller. I sewed the top to the bottoms and tried it on to see how it fits. The last thing i need to do is put the elastic in. I'm so excited to be done and see the finished product. -Lara
by giphy


my romper before adding the elastic to the waist





So, so far I have been working on the bottom part of my romper and it has been really confusing and
complicating. I have also done the pockets and putting the pockets in was really interesting, it took some
time, I also had to seam rip a lot of times. The top part of my top looks so big and the bottom part, but
making it smaller will solve the problem. Doing the elastic was the hardest part out of all of the project,
it came apart when I was doing the top and I had got so mad. This project so far has been really fun to
make and I can’t wait to see how this turns out. -Iyanna

By: Quilters Stash Box